The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

small 135mm lens

Jonas

I just did a quick test using a Color Checker and an electronic flash setup for stable illumination. I set up the
(...)
The small loss of contrast in the Olympus Pen 70mm lens is really of very little consequence with just the smallest amount of image processing. It could likely be eliminated with in-camera JPEGs by bumping up the contrast or saturation setting by one notch.
Thank you Godfrey. That's some work and I appreciate it. It's good you included the GCC in the images as the rest of the background is to no use. It's the same with my series above where the black fabric lures the eye to think the difference is bigger than it is.

Your test, despite the different methods used, seem to confirm my findings. As sometimes earlier we are just using different words for our observations. As a sidenote one can again see that in-camera JPG shooting is not the optimal way... my thoughts go to those having to change contrast settings as they switch lenses.

regards,

Jonas

Jonas

Am I the only one here, who owns this lens?
Hi Rafael,

Great portrait!
I sold my Samyang when I sold my 5D. Too me an 85 is too long. I also didn't expect it to perform well on our high density sensors.
How cool to see somebody managing it, and that the results, at least as seen here, are looking good.

/Jonas