The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M/MFT question

daveproctor

I have just bought a Voigtlander Leica M/MFT adapter and would like to try my WATE with it. However no Leica lenses are listed on the compatability list which came with the adapter and I am concerned it may get damaged if I try it

Does anyone know whether it is safe to use with an MFT adapter?

Thanks

seakayaker

I have just bought a Voigtlander Leica M/MFT adapter and would like to try my WATE with it. However no Leica lenses are listed on the compatability list which came with the adapter and I am concerned it may get damaged if I try it

Does anyone know whether it is safe to use with an MFT adapter?

Thanks
I believe the Wate is a screw mount. If it is you will need the 'Screw' mount adaptor. It is a $57.00 item that you can get from Camerquest or other Voigtlander supplier.

Information can be found at: http://www.cameraquest.com/adaptltm.htm

The metal ring fits into the M/MFT Voigtlander adaptor. The combination of the two allows you to use 'M' mounts and 'Screw' mounts with the micro 4/3 camera.

You can also get a direct Screw Mount adaptor to Micro four thirds. I believe Novaflex sells one.

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

daveproctor

Thanks guys - looks like is safe to try.

I was concerned that some lenses extend too far back and there is a potential problem due to this where the lens could be damaged