The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Firmware update on Panasonic lens with E-P1?

A

Acuity

I acquired an E-P1with the kit zoom lens a couple of months ago, and used it on a recent trip to Europe. I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the in-camera jpegs, even up to 1600 ASA. Other than some odd sky coloration on "IA" when it chooses "vivid", the results are impressive, even compared to a Canon 30D or 40D with the 17-55 super (and expensive) lens.

I did, however, find myself wanting more reach several times, and am considering adding the Panasonic 45-200 lens. But how do you update the lens firmware when used on an Olympus camera? The Olympus has an updater for both body and their own lenses (and the last two updates have made a great improvement in focusing speed!), but what about another manufacturer's offerings?

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
A

Acuity

Found the answer myself - Olympus updater will work with Panasonic lenses. Neat!