The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Orquesta Buena Vista Social Club

S

spiderfrank

Sunday night, in Genova, there was a beautiful concert, I like to share with you some shots, hoping to transmit the mood of the event

(E-pl1 with voigtlander 90/3.5 - 3200 iso)

Thank you for our visit
Franco

seakayaker

Franco, beautiful photos, thank you for sharing them!

I love my Voigtlander Nokton 50/1.5 & Color-Heliar 75/2.5 lens and the photos they produce.

Very impressive output for the Voigtlander 90/3.5 for shots taken in a concert hall.

. . . . . raises the question, do I need another 90mm lens . . . . :banghead:

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

J

jwestra

A faster lens would have been nice to keep to keep the iso levels down.

S

spiderfrank

Franco, beautiful photos, thank you for sharing them!

I love my Voigtlander Nokton 50/1.5 & Color-Heliar 75/2.5 lens and the photos they produce.

Very impressive output for the Voigtlander 90/3.5 for shots taken in a concert hall.

. . . . . raises the question, do I need another 90mm lens . . . . :banghead:

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)
Thank you, Dan, I'm just starting to know what I can (and cannot) do in digital with my m39 lenses. I have the Nokton 50/1.5 too, and I like it very much...
The concert was outdoor, not in a concert hall, the problem here was the combination of low light and fast moving subjects. I shot 90% of ny photos at 3200 iso

S

spiderfrank

A faster lens would have been nice to keep to keep the iso levels down.
Of course, but for me the choice was between 50/1.5 90/3.5 and 135/4, and 50/1.5 was too short for the job

S

spiderfrank

The concert was fantastic, I enjoyed it very much, Jono

ps: are you from Cornwall? I visited Cornwall many years ago, I found a beautiful land and nice people

S

spiderfrank

now some black and white conversion, hope you like them

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I think I like the B&Ws even better than the color images.
The "fixer-stained one looks particularly nice.
thanks!
-bob

S

spiderfrank

thank you, Bob and Jonas, I almost eat my hands for not have used a film camera, but my fastest film in the fridge was a 400 iso roll and my Canon 70-300 is only f4-5.6...
not fast enough