The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Screw mount or M mount.

O

olynut

I shoot with an Oly EPL1 and aam considering the purchase of a Voightlander 35 1.4 and would like to know if the focusing ring on the screw mt. or the M mt. is easier to grip.

Thanks in advance, olynut

seakayaker

I shoot with an Oly EPL1 and aam considering the purchase of a Voightlander 35 1.4 and would like to know if the focusing ring on the screw mt. or the M mt. is easier to grip.

Thanks in advance, olynut
. . . . . I have used a M mount 25mm Voigtlander and focusing is not a problem. I use a Voigtlander 75/2.5 Color-Heliar and 50/1.5 Nokton which are both screw mounts and focusing is not a problem. All were easy to grip.

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

aleksanderpolo

35/1.4 is M mount only, though you have a choice of MC or SC. There is a tab on the focusing ring, some like it, others don't, but it's personal. The lens is very tiny, more comparable to 20/1.7 than to other DSLR lens.