The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

KOWA f1.1 37.5mm on GH1

kds315

A few comparison shots using my freshly infinity converted KOWA f1.1 37.5mm lens (handheld on a windy day, so focus was a bit hit-and-miss).

Also that one shows a good background seperation ability

Here now some more detailed shots_

@f1.1

@f1.4

@f2

@f4

@f1.1

@f1.4

@f2

Although not explicitely mentioned, that lens seems to be apochromatically corrected, I see no LCA at all

100% crop

Last edited:
V

Vivek

Although not explicitely mentioned, that lens seems to be apochromatically corrected, I see no LCA at all
Almost every lens appears to be "APO" on the Gs because of the excellent UV/IR cut filter and processing that goes on with the RAW images.;)

kds315

Almost every lens appears to be "APO" on the Gs because of the excellent UV/IR cut filter and processing that goes on with the RAW images.;)
Well, if I see green / magenta fringing a non-apo lens produces in/around OOF areas, that is neither UV nor IR and very visible ...

V

Vivek

Well, if I see green / magenta fringing a non-apo lens produces in/around OOF areas, that is neither UV nor IR and very visible ...
Yes, if you happen to see it without the liveview camera being the visual aid. ;)

PS: Take a look at the bokeh thread. Pretty much any non descript lens churns out beautiful flower pics.