The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panasonic, this is a good time for your rebates

V

Vivek

Pana usually come up with 100 to 150 Euro rebates. Given that there are alternate brands (SOny, Samsung) in the market now, this is a good time for Pana to offer the cash back INSTEAD of two months from now.

Already they have a tough time clearing stocks of discontinued G1 and (?) GH1.

Slash the price of the G2 by 150 Euros.

Brian Mosley

I can't see how they'd have any trouble clearing stocks of the G1 and GH1... the prices should be dropping to clearance level - and with the hack, there's never been a better time to pick up a GH1.

Cheers

Brian

V

Vivek

While I agree that they are excellent value products (in terms of "hack", for IR, there isn't a better cam in small formats than a hacked G1. See: http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9957 though there are only a few image contributors in that thread, IR has never been so good, IMHO),

given the current situation and Pana's history of cash backs, I think this is a good time than two months from now (they will offer a cash back a few months from now!).

Yes, there are plenty of G1s and GH1s at ~1/2 their introductory prices now.

f6cvalkyrie

Indeed, Vivek, the beginning of the summer sales last weekend marks a good moment of the year for cashbacks and sales promotion ...

The G1 is now available for +/- 370 Euro with the kitlens 14-45, and that's an excellent deal IMHO.

Vivek, do you know of any good adresses for IR-conversion of the G1, here in Europe ?

Have a nice day,
Rafael

V

Vivek

Rafael,

I think you have registered with this outfit:

see- http://nikongear.com/smf/index.php?topic=26494.0

It is quite likely that the conversion here would cost more than a G1.
(Although any of the converted Nikon cams with a 10mp Sony sensor would lose handily to the NMOS of Pana)

Pana should make/sell cams with clear sensor, IMO.

I would buy a G2 with a clear filter at the current prices without thinking twice.

The DR, tonality and S/R in the IR regime of a hacked G1 are so much better than those of a stock G1.

Even the TTL flash works like a charm.

M

monkeyking

In the US, Club Panasonic has recently offered the GH1 w/14-140 lens for $1000.usd. w/free shipping .Mine arrives Thurs. I expect price drops on other GH1 stock very soon. Good time to buy one if you've been waiting.

V

Vivek

monkeyking, I don't know what sort of shop that is. Here, in the Netherlands, the GH1 is 699 Euros (just 50 more than the G2 with its kitzoom) and with its kitzoom (14-140), it is ~$1500/- (still a lot less than the intro prices).