The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Zeika Nominar 25mm f0.95

zcream

Hi! I bought a Zeika Nominar 25mm f0.95 from ebay.
I found a reference by apicius9 in this post
http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showpost.php?p=181271&postcount=175

Anyway, it has slightly less vignetting than the Ange. I improved the softness by unscrewing it a little bit on the adapter. It seems the flange distance is a bit off.

Once you remove the front hood, I tried to measure the filter thread. Its not 37mm and not 38mm. Can someone confirm if its actually 37.5mm ? I would be keen on using a wide angle adapter in front but obviously I need the right step up rings.

zcream

Hi Vivek. I have already measured it with a Callipers - first a manual then an electronic one. It seems to be 37.5mm. However there is a lens hood from Zeika that comes attached to this thread.
And I wanted to make sure it was a standard size - its possible that its 37.4 or 37.6 as well. Or some other non-standard thread.