The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Navitar 50mm f0.95

zcream

Has anyone been able to mount the Navitar 50mm f0.95 on a m43 adapter ? I have the Hawk, the 2x Henry adapters as well as the 9$ ones. The rear element is huge - about 57mm dia. The adapter that fits best is the
SUPER THIN C mount Lens to Micro 4/3 adapter E-P1 GF1 from henry-digital.

However the c-mount flange is still recessed within the adapter so infinity seems to be a problem.
Is there anyone who was able to use this lens ?
Coverage is perfect though.

zcream

To explain what I mean, the point in focus is at approx 2m even though I can move the focus ring to inifinity (past 15m on the dial).

zcream

I put some links up so the problem can be seen visually.
http://picasaweb.google.com/anmol.mishra/Navitar50mm#

For some reason I cannot embed pics as the URL from picasa gets cropped in the popup.

There are some attempts for similar lenses.
http://oldlenses.blogspot.com/2010/01/f095-more-samples.html
>>>
The sanding was done using a hand file, and I am sure I could not achieve good flatness. The glue could also play a role in the flatness of the adapter to lens. So, I have one side of the picture very sharp, and the other side is soft, due to an uneven focus plane because the lens is not mounted 100% flat
>>>

Last edited:
V

Vivek

Your 3rd photo shows screws on the Navitar c-mount. Unscrew all, remove that mount and try to attach an m4/3rds mount.

I believe Hawk has done the modification (~ year ago) for one of his friends.

zcream

Maybe I should ask Hawk. Any idea what his email is ? He seems to have disappeared from ebay.
EDIT: Hes Hawks Factory. Found him.

Last edited:

arri

I converted two Navitars to M4/3 For this the C-Mount, of the lens, ring must be removed, I made a new socket with the M4/3 bayonett, than it fits to infinity.
Now there is a lens for sell called Noktor 50mm F0.95 this is a regular Navitar with a new engraved front ring and a M4/3 socket.
It is a real good lens, for its speed a lightweight. When you decide to buy a used one take care to get a newer one with the broadboard coatings, it is much better than the older one with single coatings
Here a sample I made with the Navitar after I remounted it: