The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Contax G lenses on m43

scho

Dan,

Your flower shots are beautiful and I particularly like the bokeh with the 45 f/2.

seakayaker

Dan,

Your flower shots are beautiful and I particularly like the bokeh with the 45 f/2.

Thanks for your kind words! I do enjoy these two lenses quite a bit. About to head into the gray months up here in the Northwest pretty soon . . . . .

Dahlia Garden @ Volunteer Park ~ Seattle, WA

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Contax G Planar T* 45mm f/2 -- ISO 100 -- f/2 -- 1/640

and

Gf1 with Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* 90mm f2.8 -- ISO 100 -- f2.8 -- 1/125

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

The Flower Setting
Conservatory ~ Volunteer Park ~ Seattle, WA

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Cacti

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Planar T* 45mm f2 -- ISO 100 -- f2 -- 1/1600

and

Daliahs

Gf1 with Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* 90mm f2.8 -- ISO 100 -- f2.8 -- 1/40

Love the Carl Zeiss Contax G Lenses! :D

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Leica 77

Thanks for your kind words! I do enjoy these two lenses quite a bit. About to head into the gray months up here in the Northwest pretty soon . . . . .

Dahlia Garden @ Volunteer Park ~ Seattle, WA

Life is Grand!
Dan
~ ;)
Hi Dan,
Wow! This close-up shot is fabulous! I am inspired to use my old Contax G lenses (21, 28, 45, and 90mm) more often in the future. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: :)

kds315

These are great examples Dan and I especially like the Sonnar vs Planar comparison. I've always been a a Sonnar fan for its bokeh.

seakayaker

These are great examples Dan and I especially like the Sonnar vs Planar comparison. I've always been a a Sonnar fan for its bokeh.
Thank you Leica & Klaus for your kind comments, they are appreciated!

. . . . . another example of the Contax G Sonnar T* 90mm f2.8

Dahlias ~ Volunteer Park ~ Seattle, WA

Gf1 with Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* 90mm f2.8 -- ISO 100 -- f2.8 -- 1/30

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

gmoe

Thanks everyone for your inspiration with the many beautiful stills with Contax G glass.

Thought it would be nice to add to this thread and post some moving images as well. Here's a little piece shot with the Contax G 28mm lens and a Raynox HD-6600PRO wide angle adapter. I cut off the legs of the Contax G 28mm lens and also posted a short demo in the other Contax G mount thread on how its done for those who are interested. Here's that same lens in action. Enjoy!

http://vimeo.com/16488552

seakayaker

The Goalie's Kick

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Contax G Sonnar T* 90mm f2.8 -- ISO 100 -- f4 -- 1/2000

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Setting up the Shot

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Contax G Planar T* 45mm f/2 -- ISO 100 -- f/5.6 -- 1/500 -- 45mm

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Leica 77

Setting up the Shot

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Contax G Planar T* 45mm f/2 -- ISO 100 -- f/5.6 -- 1/500 -- 45mm
Life is Grand!
Dan
~ ;)
Hi Dan,
This is an excellent capture! There is a bit of humor in it and I love it! Great work, Dan, as usual!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: :)

gmoe

Very sneaky seakayaker! Lovely and funny. I'm sure with your GF1 they never even knew you were there. :)

seakayaker

Thank you Leica & Gmoe for your kind words, feedback is always appreciated!

Catching up with the News
Brewer Fountain ~ Boston Commns

GF1 with the Carl Zeiss Contax G Planar T* 45mm f2 -- ISO 100 -- f4 -- 1/160

The fountain was a gift to the city of Boston by Gardner Brewer, which began to function for the first time on June 3, 1868. It is a copy, in bronze, of a fountain designed by French artist Liénard [Jean Auguste Edouard Liénard, most likely]. The fountain was sculpted for the Paris Word's Fair of 1855 [Exposition Universelle de 1855], where it was awarded a gold medal.
The great figures at the base represent Neptune [Roman god of water and sea] and Amphitrite [Greek sea goddess], Acis [spirit of Acis River by Roman Poet Ovid] and Galatea [Roman sea nymph]. The fountain was cast in Paris, brought to this country, and set up at the sole expense of the public-spirited donor. Copies of iron were made for the cities of Lyons and Bordeaux; and an exact copy, in bronze, was made for Said Pacha, a late Viceroy of Egypt.

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Leica 77

Thank you Leica & Gmoe for your kind words, feedback is always appreciated!

Catching up with the News
Brewer Fountain ~ Boston Commns

The fountain was a gift to the city of Boston by Gardner Brewer, which began to function for the first time on June 3, 1868. It is a copy, in bronze, of a fountain designed by French artist Liénard [Jean Auguste Edouard Liénard, most likely]. The fountain was sculpted for the Paris Word's Fair of 1855 [Exposition Universelle de 1855], where it was awarded a gold medal.
The great figures at the base represent Neptune [Roman god of water and sea] and Amphitrite [Greek sea goddess], Acis [spirit of Acis River by Roman Poet Ovid] and Galatea [Roman sea nymph]. The fountain was cast in Paris, brought to this country, and set up at the sole expense of the public-spirited donor. Copies of iron were made for the cities of Lyons and Bordeaux; and an exact copy, in bronze, was made for Said Pacha, a late Viceroy of Egypt.

Life is Grand!
Dan
~ ;)

Hi Dan,
Your image is delightful and the historical description is quite educational. Best, :)

F

frntprchprss

Hello all,

I am very excited to find this forum. I have shot with a G1 for 9 years and loved the camera. I have been looking for a comparable feel in a digital camera. I settled on a Canon G9 for the past 3 years. I am now waiting to receive my gf1 with Contax adapter. The images here are stunning and I can't wait to contribute.

Thanks,

James

F

frntprchprss

I just got my contax adapter in the mail. I waited four weeks. Testing it today, but here it is on the camera. I loved my Contax g1 with the 35. I can't wait to shoot with this lens again.

F

frntprchprss

And now a couple of shots from the lens. I need to get used to the focusing. I was off a bit with the depth of field, but over all I am very happy.

Leica 77

I just got my contax adapter in the mail. I waited four weeks. Testing it today, but here it is on the camera. I loved my Contax g1 with the 35. I can't wait to shoot with this lens again.
Welcome to the "Fun with Contax G Lenses on m43 Club"! We would like to see more of your fine images captured with your Contax G lenses! Best, :)

F

frntprchprss

Thanks Leica 77. Here is another from the other day. I forgot how sweet the 35 f2 is. I would prefer it to be a bit wider but it is fun to work with. The GF1 really made it easy to work in full manual. Everything was very intuitive.