Site Sponsors

Thread: Camera, Car, High Dew Point Day

dave5252

Camera, Car, High Dew Point Day

In Central Florida, it's 90*F by mid-day. The inside of a closed car reaches 110*F in about an hour. Dew point is in the mid-70s.

We transport our cameras from the house to the car and back in zipped-up freezer bags in an effort to try to reduce the effects of changes in dew point [sic humidity]. We get-up early and go shooting, then go to work weekdays or chase chores on the weekend.

We know that we shouldn't leave kids or pets in a closed car, but what about our cameras when we move on to other activities? Is it smart to leave a DSLR in the closed car? [We can't crack the windows of the car for fear of it becoming a 'lizard house.'] If not, what should we do? We're thinking about a cooler and not using those 'blue freezer block' things.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Camera, Car, High Dew Point Day

i dont leave my camera in the car for the sole purpose of it not tempting anyone to steal it =) a cooler is a pretty good idea though. who would want to steal a cooler..lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MRfanny View Post
    who would want to steal a cooler..lol
    In Central Florida you'd be surprised...
    -Dragos
    Panasonic GH1/G1, Canon FTb(n)/F-1, Mamiya C330F/RB67 Pro SD, Chamonix 45N-2, Nikon F5 + Assorted Lenses

PeterLeyssens

Quote Originally Posted by MRfanny View Post
    i dont leave my camera in the car for the sole purpose of it not tempting anyone to steal it =)
    I don't leave my camera in the car for the sole reason to use it =)

Peter.