The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Last hurrah for the G1?

RichA

Saw them selling new in Toronto at Henry's for $449.99. That's $50 lower than the open box ones I saw at their outlet store 2 weeks ago.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Saw them selling new in Toronto at Henry's for $449.99. That's $50 lower than the open box ones I saw at their outlet store 2 weeks ago.
Rich - thanks for this

Just ordered one as a third body. There is going to be a surplus of the short zoom on the market :)

Keith

Godfrey

Stocks of any out-of-production camera eventually have to become depleted, but I bet there will still be an odd one available here and there for years to come... :)

Diane B

I feel lucky to have 2 really terrific, but definitely aging, camera bodies: the G1 and the 5D. These are 2 that I think will be valued for some time even though both have probably had their last hurrah for most. I'm still enjoying shooting with the G1 and still happy with the output--even more so since the latest LR 3.0 upgrade.