The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panasonic Developing 3D Lens for Micro Four Thirds

kds315

Yeah, great. If that makes you happy... by why then hijacking that thread about stereo lenses?

seakayaker

. . . . . what I know in the universe of knowledge could fill a thimble.

Thanks to all who contribute!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Jonas

Yeah, great. If that makes you happy... by why then hijacking that thread about stereo lenses?
Thank you. Yes, it makes me happy knowing what I am talking about.

There is no end to how sorry I am for everything in this thread... ;)

My first reply in this thread was a reply to sagar who claimed a 3D lens was the last thing I needed saying "This is the last thing you need. Better Panasonic/Olympus develop some serious fast pancakes. That would be far more useful to users and helpful to business than such a toy."

I reacted to that, all parts of it. The discussion went a bit off topic indeed. That was partly my bad.

Can we get this back on topic you may wonder. Indeed. When I read the Panasonic Press release about this 3D lens I wondered about the focal length of this twin lens. Did I miss something there?

seakayaker

But you take some nice pics, so don't get downhearted about it :deadhorse:

Keith
Never! :D

Onward, Upward, Excelsior! :angel:

. . . . . but when push comes to shove, wisdom gained in the school of hard knocks has taught me, I would rather be happy then be right . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

V

Vivek

Fabulous news! Combined with the touch scream of G2, this would make for nice toys!

The conversion lens looks gorgeous!

Way to go Pana!:clap:

PS: Where is my G3?

Jonas

Is there anyone knowing about focal length? I also wonder a little about the short distance between the two lenses (admittedly I don't know exactly how it is supposed to work though, the only 3D attempt I have done was a long time ago with a 50mm on an SLR and then taking two images moving the camera about 10cm between the shots).

Any comments on this new Panny tool/gadget/toy? Basically, will it work well?

@Vivek,

If your G3 is weather shielded and comes with two wheels, a sensor with global shutter and much improved noise I also want one. Otherwise I wonder where my G4 and high performance fast primes to go with it are.

/Jonas