The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Levitating rock - G1 IR

greypilgrim

First chance to take my newly converted G1 out for a spin... Lots to learn, but definitely fun. This one caught my eye, so I played with it.

Enjoy,

Doug

seakayaker

Great Shot!

Where is it located?

. . . . . would not want to be underneath or on the downside if it givesway! :bugeyes:

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

scho

First chance to take my newly converted G1 out for a spin... Lots to learn, but definitely fun. This one caught my eye, so I played with it.

Enjoy,

Doug

Very nice composition. Can you also show us a shot one frame above the rock? The G1-IR is a great camera - enjoy!

greypilgrim

Yes, sorry for the confusion :). I happened on the site when the sun was just right to cast a shadow that would make it appear to be hovering if I rotated the photo. With the IR, and the almost natural way the plants seem to be going in the right direction, I thought it gave a rather surreal yet believable result.

I deliberately played with the vignetting to try and enhance the effect.

Just rotate it 90 degrees left, and you'll see the real shot.

Doug