Site Sponsors

Thread: Manual Focus of Legacy Lens on G1

bruce1s

Manual Focus of Legacy Lens on G1

I received my first legacy lenses in the mail today.

I found threads on this site instructing me how to get the G1 MF Assist zoom function to work with legacy lenses. I also read discussions of why it couldn't be made automatic.

Since most of the threads were from 2009 I will ask anew if anyone has discovered a better way. Currently I press the Left arrow button and then press the center button. That works but I don't like it.

Thank you.

PS: I don't blame Panasonic. I like the G1 and I am grateful they produced it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Manual Focus of Legacy Lens on G1

... roll your thumb across the left arrow on the way to press the center button, in one motion... or buy a G2...

bruce1s

Thanks for responding. I'm disappointed to hear there is no solution for the G1. I like the G1 enough to keep it a while longer. I also find it encouraging to hear they fixed the problem in the next generation.

Post Thanks / Like

It's not an issue once you get used to it. It becomes second nature and you don't even think about it. Not a big deal really.
    -Dragos
    Panasonic GH1/G1, Canon FTb(n)/F-1, Mamiya C330F/RB67 Pro SD, Chamonix 45N-2, Nikon F5 + Assorted Lenses

Post Thanks / Like

mostly I don't even check it ... compared to focusing on the back screen of a GF (where you would really need it) the EVF allows me to get the focus pretty perfect on its own. Mostly when I do check it it was fine anyway