The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

STUDIO FLASH ON G1

H

hfnotts

Has anyone any thoughts on how to use studio flash on the Panasonic G1 either with sync leads or otherwise?

DavidL

Assuming studio lights have slave cells I would have thought any infra-red trigger would work. Prolinca make one as do others.
Any manual flash that doesn't send out a pre-flash should also work. I've not used my G1 in the studio but it's what I did with my nikons, cables are a nuisance.
radio triggers are better but more expensive.
You can always get a hot shoe sync lead adaptor but I'd recommend one that protects the cameras system via voltage control, or you could end up frying your camera.

Godfrey

Has anyone any thoughts on how to use studio flash on the Panasonic G1 either with sync leads or otherwise?
For firing external flash units wirelessly, I use optical triggers using a small Nikon SB-30 mounted in the hot shoe as the trigger flash. Works beautifully.