The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus 9-18mm

ggibson

Is anyone else shooting with this lens? I love the small size on my GF1. Feel free to share some photos here (4/3 version welcome as well)!

By the way... this lens focuses pretty close at 18mm!

S

scouse

I hadn't see any shots with that kens before but have wondered about it. Nice selection of photos here. They do look good.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I had wondered the same question - is anyone using it?

I've had one for a while and l love it as much as my 4/3 9-18, but it is much, much, smaller and the big one is now up for sale.

Here is a simple one (1/100s, f6.3, ISO 250)

Keith

Last edited:

sangio

These are all great images.

I have the 4/3 version of the 9-18 and have been debating whether or not to get the new
m4/3 version. For those of you who have used both, what are your thoughts on ergonomics, image quality, flare, etc. between the two lenses?

regards
Santo

Brian Mosley

Hi Santo,

I think the mZD 9-18 compares very favourably with the ZD 9-18... IQ is at least as good, and it's tiny in comparison!

Cheers

Brian

sangio

Thanks Brian,

I've been waiting for the local shop to bring one in so I can have a look.

regards
Santo