The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Reassemble screw helicoid - B&H Lumax 25mm f1.9

zcream

I got a beautiful 16mm movie lens - a B&H Lumax 25mm f1.9 lens. In order to clean it and relube I removed the screw helicoid WITHOUT marking the alignments.
There is one collar that attaches to the lens body, one collar is the rear C-mount and the focus ring that is on top of these 2 collars.
The rear collar has a screw that goes into a slot in the lens body collar.

However, the threads in the 2 inner collars are different, so when I align the 2 inner collars and screw into the focus ring, the lens body collar moves more than the rear collar and the screw slips out.

I will post pics soon - but I would think simple screw helicoids operate the same way.

So how do you fine folks reassemble screw helicoids ?

photoSmart42

Didn't you learn anything from your experience taking apart the Fujinon 12.5? =) Sorry, can't help you. I don't take my lenses apart.

zcream

Mate :) I got a deal for a Filmo 16mm camera + 3lenses for 75/- AUD. The lenses look so cool..

I cleaned the elements, but the focus ring was stiff. So I disassembled it..
Live and learn, as they say!