Site Sponsors

Thread: Reassemble screw helicoid - B&H Lumax 25mm f1.9

Post Thanks / Like

Reassemble screw helicoid - B&H Lumax 25mm f1.9

I got a beautiful 16mm movie lens - a B&H Lumax 25mm f1.9 lens. In order to clean it and relube I removed the screw helicoid WITHOUT marking the alignments.
    There is one collar that attaches to the lens body, one collar is the rear C-mount and the focus ring that is on top of these 2 collars.
    The rear collar has a screw that goes into a slot in the lens body collar.

However, the threads in the 2 inner collars are different, so when I align the 2 inner collars and screw into the focus ring, the lens body collar moves more than the rear collar and the screw slips out.

I will post pics soon - but I would think simple screw helicoids operate the same way.

So how do you fine folks reassemble screw helicoids ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reassemble screw helicoid - B&H Lumax 25mm f1.9

Didn't you learn anything from your experience taking apart the Fujinon 12.5? =) Sorry, can't help you. I don't take my lenses apart.
    -Dragos
    Panasonic GH1/G1, Canon FTb(n)/F-1, Mamiya C330F/RB67 Pro SD, Chamonix 45N-2, Nikon F5 + Assorted Lenses

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reassemble screw helicoid - B&H Lumax 25mm f1.9

Mate :-) I got a deal for a Filmo 16mm camera + 3lenses for 75/- AUD. The lenses look so cool..

I cleaned the elements, but the focus ring was stiff. So I disassembled it..
    Live and learn, as they say!