The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Voigtländer Nokto 25/0.95

Jonas

Do you know of a contrast detect AF system that does that?

As is, my 20/1.7 struggles with AF and is quite audible as well.
No, I say I can think of an AF system doing this. G3?
Our 20/1.7 lenses are cheaply made. Of course they struggle sometimes.

I once started a thread here asking for higher quality µ4/3 lenses, calling them "limiteds" as I think. Not many were interested. So, I'm happy Cosina has made at least something. I hope the 25/0.95 will perform about as good as their bigger 50/1.1. Then one can hope for more to come.

kevinparis

That is disappointing news to me. "Full electronic coupling" would let Cosina adjust for light fall off, distortion, CA, etc just like any other m4/3rds lenses thusfar.

I am not even sure if these are "complete" optics. :(
think you are making a big leap here... until Oly and pana announce firmware updates that specifically address this new lens - because I am sure they didn't build f.95 into their original specs - i would most likely bet that full electronic coupling will be more related to EXIF data and proper f stop shown on the info screen.

cheers

K

V

Vivek

think you are making a big leap here... until Oly and pana announce firmware updates that specifically address this new lens - because I am sure they didn't build f.95 into their original specs - i would most likely bet that full electronic coupling will be more related to EXIF data and proper f stop shown on the info screen.

cheers

K
When you happen to be sure, I will yield to that. Wanna tell us more on the lens? ;)

Godfrey

While electronic connection would let the camera know there was a lens on the mount and what focal length it is and all that stuff, the lens correction metadata system depends on parameters delivered from the lens to the body. Neither Olympus nor Panasonic should have to do anything other than receive the data and utilize it.

But this lens is evidently simply a manual lens with a Micro-FourThirds mount. No information to the camera at all. It's still a good thing, but a long way from a fully integrated mFT lens.