The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Voigtländer Nokto 25/0.95

Michiel Schierbeek

What more can one wish for ?

No more hunting around, you can just order it brandnew!

And it looks perfect and no adapters needed.

Michiel

Nokton, of course.

K

koji

Thanks Michiel

I rather want to have a new lens than old ones. Cosina also announced new
M-mount lens Heliar classic 75mm F1.8, 75,000 yen. Stephen Gandy will accept
$100 deposit (refundable) for this new lens.

apicius9

Dang, I should have made a better effort to sell my extra Angenieux 25/0.95 while the prices were high ;) That new one should be interesting. But I have to say that in the beginning I was hunting for these ultra fast lenses but came to realize they are really specialty lenses. Living in always-sunny Hawaii, many of my fast lenses don't even get used to their full potential as soon as I get outdoors.

Stefan

clark666

I wonder why they don't make the lenses with Canon and Nikon mounts? They could sell a lot more to people who don't have the option of lens interchangeability. Even Sony would be more volume. Maybe they don't have the production capacity?

khiromu

Is this lens confirmed??

I looked at the image, but for 25mm, the DOF scale is too narrow and it looks like that of 75mm F1.8... 25mm lens has deeper DOF, so the scale should not start with F4, which is in the picture...

Well, if it's true, that's a great news and I would love to try one.

Owen_Coors

Since this lens seems to be designed specifically for the m4/3 format, there's potential that it will perform as well as the PL 20mm or other m4/3 specific lenses, in regards to corner/edge softness/smearing, right?!?

Michiel Schierbeek

Re: Voigtländer Nokton 25/0.95

Hmmm, €899, seems status symbol ... like Rollex ... for stupid men ... :D
So, what's your less status symbol like alternative, we don't know about?

Some TV lens you can buy very accidently for no money?

It is not priced like a Leica Noctilux and for a little more it will surely be a whole lot better then that Noktor/Navitar.

Michiel

V

Vivek

I think Cosina now understand that they have little chance of making any cash on adapters as there are better and cheaper alternatives from China.

Good to see them making an entry in to the smaller format with a special purpose lens.

I would like to see something for the NEX mount also.

Jonathon's price indication looks good.:thumbup:

Jonathon Delacour

Subscriber Member
I would like to see something for the NEX mount also.
I hate the 50mm FoV so this lens in m4/3 mount is of zero interest. But if the same design also covered an APS-C sensor -- and was released in (say) an NEX version -- I'd be sorely tempted.

Hopefully, Cosina will design more interesting focal lengths for m4/3...

V

Vivek

On the contrary, I love the 25mm FL on the m4/3rds. :)

This lens might join my other 4 or 5 f/0.95 25mm lenses for the m4/3rds.

Unless Sony takes care of the aliasing problems, such fast lenses on the NEX would be a waste.

My SOM-Berthiot 25/0.95 on the NEX-5 sensor records a lot of mush at 0.95 which does not happen on the G1s, including the hacked one without any of the UV/IR/AA filter stack.

seakayaker

Wow! The press release dated August 26, 2010 by Cosina says it will become available in October, 2010. It marks the beginning of Voigtlander Brand m4/3 lenses! :)
. . . . . do not read Japanese but on the page it does mention Y95,000 which does translate into $1124.00 US.

It is great to see Voigtlander step into the micro four thirds market with a native mount. I hope the quality is equal or surpasses that of the 'LTM' and 'M' mount lenses that I own with this new product launch.

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

PeterB666

The pricing in Australia is very good and the 25mm f/0.95 is cheaper than the 50mm f/1.1 plus no need for an adapter. What more could you ask for?

I wonder if it is chipped to give feedback to the camera?