The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Is there a way to stop my GH1 to switch off my LCD screen?

kds315

The GH1 is able to detect the presence of me looking through the viewfinder and subsequently switches off the LCD screen. Is there a way to deactivate that, so that the LCD screen stays on?

V

Vivek

On my G1 (I think it is similar on a GH1):

Go to custom menu, page1

LVF/LCD AUTO ->

set it to OFF

(from ON)

That should deactivate the proximity sensor.

kds315

Thanks Vivek, but the LVF is permanently deactivated
then (but I least I know my options now)

V

Vivek

Klaus, It isn't "permanently" deactivated. Close the LCD and the EVF kicks in. :)

CPWarner

That is pretty odd that Panasonic only lets you have the viewfinder on when the proximity sensor is on. Rather, if the auto setting is off, I would like the display setting to still allow me to select the viewfinder. The proximity sensor can be rather annoying at times, particularly on the tripod, and it would be nice to turn it of.

CPWarner

Thanks Vivek, I was just playing with my G2 to check this out and that was the one combination I did not try. It would still be nice to be able to toggle between the LCD and the viewfinder with the display key, as that is what it usually does.

Cliff

V

Vivek

Thanks Vivek, I was just playing with my G2 to check this out and that was the one combination I did not try. It would still be nice to be able to toggle between the LCD and the viewfinder with the display key, as that is what it usually does.

Cliff

Cliff, Samsung NX10 has that option after the new firmware update. Sony NEX-5 has no such problems at all. :ROTFL:

I love what Panasonic did. A lot of thought has gone into designing the G1 to make it really useful (that is why it was a big shock with their G2 and the touch scream).

Eagerly awaiting the G3 and hoping that would sport a better sensor than the G1.:)

MRfanny

i may have skimmed the thread too fast but you can switch between lcd and evf on the GH1 with the LVF/LCD button. closing LCD switches to LVF. LCD open you can toggle between LVF and LCD. or am I missing something from the discussion?