The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GH2 18 mp

clay stewart

I noticed on the rumors page, there is a 18 mp multi aspect ratio sensor for the GH2. I wonder if it will have better hi ISO noise control.:confused:

photoSmart42

Well, it's an 18MP (effective 16MP) just like the GH1 is a 14MP (effective 12MP) sensor. They'll have to implement a number of technologies just to help prevent noise with the smaller pixel sizes so it maintains similar performance to the GH1 sensor. Going much beyond the GH1 sensor with such a dramatic reduction in pixel size would be a challenge, but we'll see what comes out. I was hoping for something in between frankly - 16MP (14MP effective) with all those aforementioned technologies to really make the new sensor performance shine.

Supposedly one of the things they're doing is dumping the AA filter completely, and going with the software corrected Moire solution.