The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Zeiss lenses for m4/3rds!

kds315

Yep, and did you look at the prices.... (they are based on their PRO cine lenses I guess) ??

Jonas

Aren't those few (film schools, advanced or even pro users) already using these lenses but in PL mount and then with an adapter?

But it's a nice move by Zeiss and good news for µ4/3. The lenses are, to my understanding, adaptable and thus future proof. For now mainly of interest for those buying the Panasonic µ4/3 movie camera.

/"mostly directed at video shooters"/ - yes of course. As they optically are the same as the Zx line of lenses there isn't a lot to gain compared to just adapt a ZF lens. And what about the price Vivek... doesn't it make the Nokton 25/0.9 look like a super bargain for us normal entities?

seakayaker

Yep, and did you look at the prices.... (they are based on their PRO cine lenses I guess) ??

The price was the first thing I noticed and knew that I did not have to continue reviewing the lens . . . . .

That would be one GAS attack I may not survive! :D

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Jonas

The price was the first thing I noticed and knew that I did not have to continue reviewing the lens . . . . .

That would be one GAS attack I may not survive! :D
Ah... but there is no need to die for the Compact Prime lenses. Just buy a ZF lens. You won't get 10 blades but I doubt that is enough to save the bokeh from many of those lenses. The LoCA comes for free. ;)

/Jonas

V

Vivek

For a 50/1.9 "equivalent", the 25/0.95 is atrociously priced. :ROTFL:

Jonas

Yes it is. And then the samples even weren't impressing. I wish there was a FF LiveView camera available. Maybe Sony will be first.

V

Vivek

I sincerely hope that Sony would make/sell a 35mm FF sensor so that some one else will make a capable camera out of it.

BTW, Canon have made a 120 mega pixel APS-H sensor now.

RichA

I think they are their cheap video lenses. The good ones cost about $5000/ea. Besides, they are all way too heavy for micro 4/3rds bodies.

photoSmart42

Besides, they are all way too heavy for micro 4/3rds bodies.
The way these lenses are normally used with camera bodies like the GH1 makes the lens weight not an issue. They're pretty much pinned in place and supported as an assembly along with the follow focus mechanisms, so there's not a lot of direct strain on the mount.

I suspect the MFT mount on the AF-100, which is the primary target for these lenses, is a lot stronger, and designed to deal with the weight of these lenses even when free-floating.