The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GH1 and Hexanon 60/1.2

nugat

My favourite lens for portraits (on 4/3, M8 and RD1) is Konica Hexanon 60mm/f1.2. I tried to replicate the look/definition with a wide variety of glass (leica, 4/3, nikkor on d700) and just could not.
Here the Hex on GH1 full picture and 100% crop.

Last edited:
V

Vivek

Stunning image clarity! :thumbs:

The wannabe mirrorless cams from other brands, unfortunately, really suck at this.

nugat

That's the thing.
Neither Panaleica 45/2.8 on GH1, nor Nikkor 105/2.8 on D700 or summicron 50/2.0 on M8 get close. Even though their widest apertures and effective DOF are much easier to handle than the f1.2 here: 2cm DOF (less than one inch).
Also PL and Nikkor are stabilized, this photo was shot at 1/50 sec, non-stabilizeed of course on the GH1.
I wonder if there were MTF's posted for this lens anywhere...

Jonas

Very cool.

nugat, I tried to search for your lens and to my understanding there are two versions, one very old (selling for USD 13.000 as a kit) and a newer version from the 90's (also somewhat rare, selling for between 2.000 and 3.000 dollars). It seems to be lenses one needs to take some care of when using them...

Another thing; that can't be a full image and then a 100% crop. Maybe you can post the real stuff?

Congrats to having such a performer!

/Jonas

nugat

Very cool.

nugat, I tried to search for your lens and to my understanding there are two versions, one very old (selling for USD 13.000 as a kit) and a newer version from the 90's (also somewhat rare, selling for between 2.000 and 3.000 dollars). It seems to be lenses one needs to take some care of when using them...

Another thing; that can't be a full image and then a 100% crop. Maybe you can post the real stuff?

Congrats to having such a performer!

/Jonas

This one from the 90's, only 800 units produced and sold together with the anniversary Hex rangefinder. Each individually numbered, I got mine mint from the Tokyo Matsuhiya store .
The picture was slightly cropped on the left, full 4000x3000 original below EXIF included (of course donwsized to 1200pix as per site limits on jpeg; sometimes strange things happen when downsizing to under 1200pix and 1 MB here), no postproduction. it is a very well built , sturdy, smooth mechanism.

Last edited:

Jonas

This one from the 90's, (...). it is a very well built , sturdy, smooth mechanism.
Thank you for explaining, and it looks good on your camera, indeed.

I didn't know there were problems when attaching images. I always link to my own site so I never run into the forum limitations.

regards,

/Jonas