The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canon EIS 60 ?

A

arpoador

If this is true ... could be really amazing!
http://www.eoshd.com/content/346

A high-end Canon mirrorless by the middle of next year. This could really light a fire under Panasonic & Olympus, and make them pay attention to the high end. (Sony's NEX is just confirmed their attention to the GF/Pen segment.)

Terry

Yeah those specs would be pretty impressive. Seems pretty early for such a detailed leak...unless it perhaps would be announced at Photokina like the Oly tin can mockup.

V

Vivek

Bring on the "biscuit head" lenses!:D

With a Panasonic G1 style swivel LCD, a decent EVF, a back illuminated CMOS (would Sony change their tunes now to play catch up?) to the boot, this sounds super fantastic! :thumbs:

My money is already reserved for this.:)

Would they show a pre-production model next week? :)

photoSmart42

No doubt they're releasing this teaser rumor at this time to give potential GH2 buyers a moment to pause and re-consider their purchasing decision. It's certainly working for me as much as I'd like to stay with Panasonic. Having said that, my investment in lenses is primarily MF/legacy lenses, which hopefully can be adapted to this Canon solution. I don't need an upgrade from my GH1 THAT bad that I have to have a GH2 after all.

V

Vivek

I already passed on the G2 and have no interest in the GH-2 unless it has some earth shaking improvements.

I might add here that I have been disappointed with the Samsung NX-10 and the Sony NX5.

The G1 still rules!:thumbs:

Last edited:

Diane B

I am hoping for something coming from Canon in the vein of the NEX. I'm wary of the specs shown but can't imagine there isn't one in the works. I would like one system and a small mirrorless body with good specs and my FF would solve my photography needs for a long time. For the time being my Panny G1 and GF1 serve me well as my small system.

scho

I am hoping for something coming from Canon in the vein of the NEX. I'm wary of the specs shown but can't imagine there isn't one in the works. I would like one system and a small mirrorless body with good specs and my FF would solve my photography needs for a long time. For the time being my Panny G1 and GF1 serve me well as my small system.
Hi Diane,

I'm in the boat. I'm invested in Canon as my main FF system and this would be a welcome addition. I'm a little concerned about jamming 22 MP into a half frame size sensor.

Jonas

Another day on the Net, another rumor, another boring small sensor. Life goes on.
This leak seems to work as planned.

I still hope somebody makes a FF Live Camera in a not too distant future. For now I stick to my G1.

/Jonas

V

Vivek

I do see some parallels between the mirrorless cam area and the failed APS film system cameras.

NiCa and Minolta had a more developed system (Minolta leading the pack, IMO).

Everything died suddenly (despite several hundred varieties of P&S options).

I hope to see some really useful cams on the market. Sony did not get it right.

May be Canon will.

Annna T

I'm in the boat. I'm invested in Canon as my main FF system and this would be a welcome addition. I'm a little concerned about jamming 22 MP into a half frame size sensor.
My Canon lenses are not tailored for APSC. I own the 5D and have resisted the urge to update to a Canon 5D Mark II. I hope that they will implement the same articulated lcd and he liveview on the 5D Mark III and hope that we won't have to wait for too long.

Then I'd update my E-P1 to an E-P2 (or an E-P3 ?) with VF2 and be happy for the rest of my days. I don't need three types of cameras, just a FF and a smaller one with good IQ.

pellicle

Hi

I do see some parallels between the mirrorless cam area and the failed APS film system cameras.
Everything died suddenly (despite several hundred varieties of P&S options).
well perhaps it was as much to do with the move towards digital cameras as anything which drove the demise of APS. It was only a few years later (2001) when the digitals changed from 640 x 480 limited use to taking off with images producing 4x6cm prints that satisfied many ... and being suitable for email.

not to mention that attitudes shifted slowly then and many were still sore from the 110 cameras ...

so perhaps this is what drove the demise of APS more?