The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

ZM Biogon 25/2.8 on m4/3?

aleksanderpolo

Hi, has anyone tried a ZM biogon 25/2.8 on m4/3? I know that wider RF lens are in general a no-no :deadhorse: but I am under the impression that the ZM Biogon is a hybrid design, so I am wondering if anyone actually tried it and can tell me something about it. Thanks.

scho

Hi, has anyone tried a ZM biogon 25/2.8 on m4/3? I know that wider RF lens are in general a no-no :deadhorse: but I am under the impression that the ZM Biogon is a hybrid design, so I am wondering if anyone actually tried it and can tell me something about it. Thanks.
The Zeiss ZM 25 biogon tends to produce blurry corners with some edge smearing on the m43 platform. Some comparisons that I made awhile ago:
http://www.pbase.com/scho/olypana&page=4

aleksanderpolo

Hi Carl, thanks for that. I remembered seeing your sample a while ago but can't remember where to find the link.

I am ok with 35/2 at 2.8, even if it is not the sharpest. Is the 25/2.8 a lot worse at 2.8 compared with 35? (Your comparison is at 5.6, if I am not mistaken). Thanks.

seakayaker

I used a Zeiss 25/2.8 for a shot period of time with my GF1 . . . . .

a few others at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/26672618@N03/sets/72157624115810540/with/4630699527/

The lens works quite well with the GF1.

I no longer have the lens since I used it in a trade . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

scho

Hi Carl, thanks for that. I remembered seeing your sample a while ago but can't remember where to find the link.

I am ok with 35/2 at 2.8, even if it is not the sharpest. Is the 25/2.8 a lot worse at 2.8 compared with 35? (Your comparison is at 5.6, if I am not mistaken). Thanks.
I never used the 25 wide open but it probably was about the same. I sold all of my ZM lenses with the M8. I'm much happier with the Contax G mount zeiss glass on the m43.