The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Olympus E-5 ... sheesh ...

biglouis

Articulating LCD (Panasonic G1 style and not the Nikon D5000 or Sony A55 ones)should be a standard on ALL digital cams.

This is a big plus for the E-5.

Why would all of them have "liveview" and fixed LCD is beyond me.:confused:
I agree. I was walking through St Pancras yesterday and a prosumer was trying to photograph the ceiling from a low angle with his Canon and a large zoom (probably the 70-200). He was using the live view to get the composition and focus right but as you can imagine he was pretty much laying down to achieve this. Why oh why do the 'big-boys' not include an articulated screen on the behemoths they produce? After all, it is hardly likely to make the camera any more heavy or unwieldy?

LouisB

V

Vivek

After all, it is hardly likely to make the camera any more heavy or unwieldy?

LouisB
In fact, those "traditional" shooters can flip the swivel LCD back to their "traditional" resting place if they so choose to (and scratch the heck out of it for a good measure)!

RichA

In fact, those "traditional" shooters can flip the swivel LCD back to their "traditional" resting place if they so choose to (and scratch the heck out of it for a good measure)!
I found out quickly that the soft skin on the G1 LCD back got scratched easily, so I turned the LCD outward, put Optex protector sheet on it, no more issue, and the LCD is always visible.