The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

14mm f2.5 soon!

Jonas

(...) but a small camera with a viewfinder that performs on GH1 level and let's me use my small 10/1.6 Switar will definitely get my vote (and money).
But how small a sensor can you take? I have some hopes for the rumoured Olympus µ4/3 12mm prime. That would suit me fine. Until materialized I can get by with my 12.5/1.3... or by stitching. I have sold my ZD 9-18 4/3 version as it is too big for my taste.

regards,

/Jonas

V

Vivek

Nikon is rumored to come up with a tinier format liveview cam.

Canon may up the ante with an APS-C sensor that can also be used for smaller circle lenses.

Thanks to Pana, now everyone is jumping into this.

apicius9

But how small a sensor can you take? ...
regards,

/Jonas
There had been these rumors about Nikon considering a mirrorless camera with a sensor slightly smaller than m4/3 - I would at least be willing to look at that if it is close enough to m4/3 quality. I came up from a P&S, m4/3 quality is just fine with me, my limitations are much more due to the operator than the equipment that I have now... I guess we will all know more in two weeks.

- Vivek and I were typing at the same time :) I also heard about that Canon concept but wasn't that from a very unreliable source? It would definitely be a very interesting concept.

Stefan

Jonas

There had been these rumors about Nikon considering a mirrorless camera with a sensor slightly smaller than m4/3
(...)
I also heard about that Canon concept but wasn't that from a very unreliable source? It would definitely be a very interesting concept.
As I recall it the Nikon sensor may be considerably smaller but the details have faded away. Lol, details and rumors...
The Canon is practically the same sensor size. Interesting indeed.

But what can one do with rumors? When asking about the smallest sensor size you find acceptable I was thinking of your Switar 10mm lens. How big is a decent image circle from that lens? 8mm film I guess?

regards,

/Jonas

iau

I would very much like this lens, but wish it was a f2.0. I have the 20mm and the 14-45mm, but would prefer a pancake wideangle over the 14-45mm. I prefer not to put zooms on my GF1 as it is my P&S.

Haven't seen the 14-42mm anywhere, though - only the 14-45mm is available here, or maybe it's only availble in a kit?

-iau