The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G2 wireless flash

S

sagarmatha

Is it possible to do wireless flash (FL360) with G2?
If not is there any flash cords made for the Lumix series or is it ok
with another brand?

photoSmart42

There are aftermarket TTL flash chord you can buy which should work as long as they're compatible with the Panasonic/Olympus TTL protocol. I just picked one up off eBay for cheap. AFAIK none of the Panasonic MFT cameras have a wireless flash trigger built in, but you can attach a remote trigger to your hot shoe and do your triggering that use using remote slaves. You can also remotely trigger flash units using optical slaves triggered by your camera flash.

Godfrey

There are aftermarket TTL flash chord you can buy which should work as long as they're compatible with the Panasonic/Olympus TTL protocol. I just picked one up off eBay for cheap. AFAIK none of the Panasonic MFT cameras have a wireless flash trigger built in, but you can attach a remote trigger to your hot shoe and do your triggering that use using remote slaves. You can also remotely trigger flash units using optical slaves triggered by your camera flash.
You can also use Canon TTL flash cables. While Canon TTL flash protocol isn't the same as Olympus TTL protocol, the cabling is wired the same way. Canon flash cables are more easily found than Olympus flash cables.

I have an Olympus coiled flash cable (2m length) and a noncoiled 3.5m cable I found on Ebay. Both work very well.

Another strategy if you're handy with soldering is to acquire an Olympus flash cable, cut the ends off and fit them with RJ45 female sockets. Then you can use standard ethernet cables in a variety of lengths to connect the two ends and come up with nearly any length you want.

photoSmart42

You can also use Canon TTL flash cables. While Canon TTL flash protocol isn't the same as Olympus TTL protocol, the cabling is wired the same way. Canon flash cables are more easily found than Olympus flash cables.

I have an Olympus coiled flash cable (2m length) and a noncoiled 3.5m cable I found on Ebay. Both work very well.
Good to know. Thanks!