The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Stacking adapters

Diane B

Since the demise of the adapter list (i know it had gotten too unwieldy to keep up) i'm a bit lost about stacking adapters. I want to stack a Nikon to FD adapter knowing that there has to be corrective glass in that adapter to allow infinity focus. I'm going to use it on an m4/3rds to Nikon (the Lensbaby tilt transformer) so would there be anything to look for especially. i gather that it should seat good. There is a wide range of prices but I am looking for adapters that particularly have the pin stop for the FD. i just heard from Fotodiox who assured me theirs does. Its at the upper range (none are that expensive) but i'm just curious if I'm on a fools errand with this and should just buy a couple of Nikon lenses and be done with it. Having the FD adapter would just give me a nice FL range to work with.

kainekainekaine

Ebay item numbers 270621556988, 290422573885. Ones got no glass so can only be used for macro but could be useful. The other says in the questions that the glass can actually be removed to use as macro as well but not sure if this is permanent. Not sure if they have the pin stop.

Diane B

Thanks very much. I went with Fotodiox though more expensive because they are here in the states, will work with me on exchange and they have a good rep (and have been very responsive to questions). Its been shipped and should be here Monday