The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Filter and cap for M.Zuiko 9-18

aleksanderpolo

For those who have the lens, what filter do you use? Do you need to use the slim filter to minimize vignetting? And if so, does the original cap still fit on top of it? Or do you need to get a different cap? I will use a hood on the hood bayonet too.

ggibson

I use a HOYA 52MM Circular Polarizing Filter. It's not designated slim, and it doesn't vignette at all. I'm able to just use the lens cap that came with the 9-18mm to snap on the filter front (doesn't sit quite all the way, but perfectly sturdy). Works great!

You have to be a bit aware of how the filter is oriented at the widest angle especially, but I think it comes out pretty evenly at 9mm: