The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Some E-5 ramblings..

docrjay

Agree.

Wished they have done a GH1 video feature (1080p @24 and 720@60) on the camera. If they had done then I'd buy one. It would have been a very worthy--- LAST 4/3 SLR.

seakayaker

Some great sample shots . . . . .

Anyone out there using the E1 or E3 using any of the Leica/Panasonic 4/3rd lenses? If so, what is your experience with using them and general thoughts on results?

Thanks in advance!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

The only Leica/Pana lens I use on my E3 is the 25mm Summilux.
It is a bit bulky but a very nice lens indeed.
Cheers,
Ario

Photomorgana

E-5 seems to be very nice camera, should be good companion to Leica 25/1.4 and Oly 12-60mm (sometimes I wonder if 14-35/f2 could trully replace those two lenses)

Does any one know if E-5 will still have Super Fast flash sync speeds when used with fl-50, just like E-3 had. (its not mentioned in specs) It will be pretty bad if its doesn't support it. :(

E-5 seems to be very nice camera, should be good companion to Leica 25/1.4 and Oly 12-60mm (sometimes I wonder if 14-35/f2 could trully replace those two lenses)

Does any one know if E-5 will still have Super Fast flash sync speeds when used with fl-50, just like E-3 had. (its not mentioned in specs) It will be pretty bad if its doesn't support it. :(
It seems it has the super fast sync. speed:
http://asia.olympus-imaging.com/products/dslr/e5/spec/
Cheers,
Ario

seakayaker

The only Leica/Pana lens I use on my E3 is the 25mm Summilux.
It is a bit bulky but a very nice lens indeed.
Cheers,
Ario
. . . . . thanks for the reply!

I already own the 25/1.4 and 14-50/3.8-5.6 Leica/Pana lenses and was looking at the possibility of picking up an E-5 without having to purchase the Olympus lenses at the same time.

Anyone else out there with experience using the Leica/Pana lenses with the E-1/E-3?

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

RichA

Heres one for sharpness....

http://robinwong.blogspot.com/2010/10/olympus-e-5-review-macro-shooting-at.html

and the kinda cool dramatic effect filter on some street shots....

http://robinwong.blogspot.com/2010/10/olympus-e-5-review-on-streets.html

Your thoughts?
Sharpness does not = resolution. Really, when you compare the specifications on this camera with the competition, it does not really stack-up. I believe it is the last of the Olympus DSLR line. Everyone I know was hoping for a smaller camera with a similar build quality, so Olympus's pretentions at catering to the pro market can be dispensed with. Awhile ago, one photographic writer said that we shouldn't second-guess camera companies and that what they do to their products is in their best interest. We'll see how this camera sells, but IMO, for $1700, there are better choices, unless you are saddled with tons of Olympus glass.