The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GF1 IR and lenses with Hotspots

ustein

Contributing Editor
Lets exchange some experience with different lenses on the GF-1 IR (715n conversion).

Panasonic 14-140mm (hotspots from 14-25mm, above mostly ok)
Olympus 14-54mm (4/3) seems all ok
Panasonic 14-45mm mainly ok
Panasonic 45mm Macro ok

Rich M

I have a GH-1 with the 715nm conversion.

I agree with Uwe on the PL45/2.8 and the 14-45mm.

The absolutely best lenses I have come across for the camera are the Contax G lenses.......my favorites are the 35/2 and the 45/2.....crisp, clean and no hotspots at all. It's like they were made to do IR.

The Contax G 90/2.8 is a little long for what I would shoot. I recently picked up a Biogon 28mm, but haven't shot with it yet. (Other members have and their IR shots look pretty wonderful).

R

scho

I have the same experience as Rich. Contax G lenses that I use with the G1-IR are the 28, 35, and 45 (occasionally the 90) and all are great with exceptional clarity and no hot spots. I've also recently been using a Canon 24mm TS-E II with great success on the G1-IR using an EOS/m43 adapter (need to preset aperture on a Canon body first. I just set it at f/8 or f/11 and leave it there for all of my IR shooting. The Lumix 7-14 was also very good with the G1-IR.

kds315

I have a set of (hardly known) Carl Zeiss Jena lenses made for VIS + especially IR, produced in small numbers for the secret service years ago. They are razor sharp and have no hotspots at all (no wonder actually) - does that count?