The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black & White work

Godfrey

Path Disturbance

Olympus E-1 + Summilux-D 25mm f/1.4 ASPH

comments always appreciated, thanks for looking.

Godfrey

Picnic Over

Olympus E-1 + Summilux-D 25mm f/1.4 ASPH

comments always appreciated, thanks for looking.

M

meilicke

Godfrey, I like the way you are processing these files. Dark, and not super contrasty.

-Scott

Godfrey

Nice portraits, kweide, although the second nudges just past the "too contrasty" boundary for me.

kweide

Agree, it is really "contrasty". It is intended as "opener" for my upcoming exhibition, printed on Hahnmuehle "Albrecht Duerer" A3 size. I ramped up the contrast to compensate the loss thru the paper structure.... Testprint on A4 was stunning....

RonSmith

Found myself in the hellhole known as Flint, Michigan, yesterday for a court-ordered facilitation hearing. I put my GF1 in my briefcase (just in case). It was the first time I've taken it out since getting a Canon 5DII last month ... and I remembered immediately why I still love it!

20101110 046a by Ronald S. Smith, on Flickr

Godfrey

Pigeon Point #1

Olympus E-5 + ZD 50mm f/2 Macro
ISO 3200 @ f/5.6 @ 2.5 seconds

context: godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com/the-lighting

I attended the annual lighting of the classic lighthouse fresnel lamp last evening and photographed from sunset through the lighting. At the end of my shoot, I bumped up the sensitivity and went for a short exposure to capture stars without trails with the view.

Comments always appreciated, thanks for looking.

Godfrey

Pigeon Point #3

Olympus E-5 + ZD 50mm f/2 Macro
ISO 200 @ f/5.6 @ 1/500 second

Comments always appreciated, thanks for looking.

Godfrey

Number 2235

Olympus E-5 + ZD 11-22/2.8-3.5
ISO 1600 @ f/3.2 @ 1/13 second, 15mm focal length

thanks for looking, comments appreciated

kweide

Meditation

Olympus E-5 + Zuiko Makro 50/2.0, no NR
ISO 320 @f2.0 @ 1/125 second, 50 mm focal length​