The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black & White work

turbines

Found myself in the hellhole known as Flint, Michigan, yesterday for a court-ordered facilitation hearing. I put my GF1 in my briefcase (just in case). It was the first time I've taken it out since getting a Canon 5DII last month ... and I remembered immediately why I still love it!
A very nice conversion and great composition. What scheme or plugin did you use for converting to B&W? Since I got my GF-1 I find myself leaving the E-620 at home a lot.

Godfrey

Umbrella Sharing

Olympus E-1 + Konica Hexanon 40mm f/1.8
ISO 200 @ f/2.8 @ 1/1250 second

Walking back to the car on a wet morning, sharing the umbrella.

Thanks for looking, comments appreciated.

larryk

Very rare to see such consistently good photographs posted across all photographers. They're all keepers. Congratulations to everyone. Quite a tribute to the cameras and lenses you're all using, but this is a good opportunity to remind us all that "It's the photographer not the camera that takes the photograph." Well done.

Godfrey

Shopping Intensity

Olympus E-5 + ZD 35mm f/3.5 Macro
ISO 200 @ f/4 @ 1/160 second

I don't think she ever even saw me.

thanks for looking, comments appreciated.

martyman

Hi fellow artists! Top of the evening to you from Point Reyes where the rain is walloping us pretty hard tonight. A quick introduction:
I joined the forum recently but so far have not added much. I'm a dedicated black & white artist. I've shot the landscape here at Point Reyes for 25 years, using only black and white film and making traditional silver prints in my darkroom during those years. However, this spring, inspired by Brooks Jensen of Lenswork Publications, I bought my first digital camera, a Panasonic Lumix G1. So, now I'm off to the races. I use my Canon FD macro lenses on the G1, play with my new images in Lightroom and print them using the ABW (advanced black & white) driver on my Epson 4880. So far I'm printing on Harmon FB AL gloss papers.

Big news is I picked up an extra G1 body and sent to Precision Camera today for a 715nm IR conversion. Many thanks to Jack Flesher and others of you here whose posts I read. You helped get me going into the world of digital IR. I may begin to photograph the landscape with the G1 when the converted body gets back. I'll let you know how things work out when the camera is back in my hands. In the meantime, here's a sample of my first work with the G1 and the Canon 50mm f/3.5 macro lens.

Godfrey

Nice shot, Marty!

The rain is hitting pretty hard here in Santa Clara too. I need to hitch up my boots and go for a walk with the camera.