The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Steinheil Quinon f1.5 25mm autumn shots

kds315

Steinheil Quinon f1.5 25mm on Lumix GH1

Straight from the cam, no mods, just resized. All shot at f1.5 fully open.

[Some targets are 1:1 comparisons what I have shot using the Kinic a few days earlier; see sep. thread here]

"designed bokeh"

bokeh and overall performance is much more neutral as the "crazy" Kinic IMHO.

apicius9

Very nice also. I always wondered about that lens, but now that you have posted these great pictures it will certainly move out of my price range ;)

Stefan

ekoe

I'm confused, maybe I'm missing something. The aspect ratio is much closer to 4:3. Do you mean you resized the image width to obtain the 4:3 ratio from the 1:1 frame?

kai.e.g.

I think he meant 1:1 comparison in the sense of "one for one comparison" - in other words, his other set of photos is similar enough to this set that you can make a good comparison between them. Nothing to do with aspect ratio :)

kds315

I just took the jpgs from the cam and resized them to 1024pix on one side, that's what I meant.

ekoe

If you unconstrain proportions and resize as you say, the circular objects in your images would become oblong, but they don't appear that way in your images.

In resizing (1504 x 1024?), are you sure you're not cropping the upper and lower portions of the frame?

Oh, hey... did we just get new smilies? I never noticed this guy before... -->:shocked: