The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Schneider (Robot) Xenon f1.9 40mm autumn shots

kds315

Another evening walk catching the last sun rays, this time using the Schneider Xenon f1.9 40mm (all shot fully open) on my Lumix GH1.

kds315

Got mine from China (ebay), works pretty well.

P.S.: there are quite a bunch of "Robot Star" lenses out on the market;
I have used a last series (all black) multicoated one (13 xxx xxx
serial number series), also have the 75mm Tele-Xenar sister lens.

Last edited:

apicius9

Very nice, Klaus. I just put together the adapter and cleaned my two Robot lenses, also the 40mm and the 75mm, but earlier chrome versions. Not 100% sure about the 40mm, yet, I may send it in for a professional cleaning. The 75mm is probably the smallest 75 that I have seen so far which makes it really look nice on the GF1, but I have yet to see what the pictures look like... For a while I had tried to get my hands on the Robot Zeiss 40mm lens but eventually passed because they are considerably more than the Schneider lenses - and I like Schneider lenses... Do you have the Zeiss also? Any comparisons?

Stefan

apicius9

The older ones have quite less contrast, so be prepared.
Thanks for mentioning that, this is why I was considering sending mine in, it looks clear but the first pics are much less contrasty than what you have posted here.

kds315

it is the lack of multicoating that makes a tremendous difference (a clean lens I have assumed).