Site Sponsors

Thread: Olympus E-5 in the stores

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Olympus E-5 in the stores

I received notice this afternoon from three vendors that they've received their initial stock of E-5 cameras. That's earlier than I expected.

Now to get my order in. I hope that Adobe hurries up with a Lightroom update to include it!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Olympus E-5 in the stores

Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
    I received notice this afternoon from three vendors that they've received their initial stock of E-5 cameras. That's earlier than I expected.

Now to get my order in. I hope that Adobe hurries up with a Lightroom update to include it!
    I look forward to your feedback on the E-5 along with the photographs that you will post!

Life is Grand!

Dan
    ~

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Great Stuff Godfrey
    I hope you really enjoy it - it seemed to be an unexciting upgrade to start with, but actually it all looks rather good.

all the best

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. I was going to buy an Epl 1 but my wife told me the other day that she wanted another E3. Apparently I take the E3 out of the house too often. I will not buy another E3 but an E5 is another question. So get one, test it and tell us what you think.

I am not interested in numbers, or measures or how it competes with other brands equivalent bodies. I want to know what actual users think. How it handles, if the autofocus work etc. How the files print. What it does give me that the E3 does not?

gurin

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, my order is in now, but all three ran out of stock likely long before I placed it. I think B&H received five or six; the others probably about the same numbers.

I'm in no particular hurry, thankfully. I have enough to do while I wait ... and my current equipment is still working well. I really can't take best advantage of the E-5 until Adobe updates Lightroom and Camera Raw to handle its raw files anyway.

(Makes me wish again that more manufacturers would give us the option to capture both their native raw files and DNG files in the camera ... Pentax has been doing that since the K10D, it made it possible to process K10D files long before Adobe or anyone else had updated their software for the native .PEF files.)

But I digress. I'm looking forward to this camera now. Once it gets here, it will become my primary tool for quite a while.