The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GH1 hack settings - advice for a newbie please

daveproctor

At the outset let me stress I am a complete novice when it comes to video shooting but a newly acquired GH1 has got me very interested in improving my knowledge.

I have downloaded ptools with a view to hacking my GH1 and am slightly overwhelmed by the various options available. To get me started I want the highest quality/frame rate 1080 video setting without causing any stability issues and would be very grateful if somene could give me the basic settings I need to select in ptools to achieve this.

Sorry if this sounds a stupid request but whilst I am pretty self sufficient when it comes to stills this new video adventure is a bit daunting

ggibson

Did you try the Dvxuser forum? There's a lot of information available there. I would suggest finding one of the recommended stable settings. From there, you can begin to tweak if you like.

daveproctor

Thanks guys - followed your advice and now all upgraded.

I'm especially pleased that the process is reversible so I can't completely mess things up. Really like the fact that you can install different firmware settings on different memory cards