Site Sponsors

Thread: GH1 hack settings - advice for a newbie please

Post Thanks / Like

GH1 hack settings - advice for a newbie please

At the outset let me stress I am a complete novice when it comes to video shooting but a newly acquired GH1 has got me very interested in improving my knowledge.

I have downloaded ptools with a view to hacking my GH1 and am slightly overwhelmed by the various options available. To get me started I want the highest quality/frame rate 1080 video setting without causing any stability issues and would be very grateful if somene could give me the basic settings I need to select in ptools to achieve this.

Sorry if this sounds a stupid request but whilst I am pretty self sufficient when it comes to stills this new video adventure is a bit daunting

Post Thanks / Like

Re: GH1 hack settings - advice for a newbie please

Did you try the Dvxuser forum? There's a lot of information available there. I would suggest finding one of the recommended stable settings. From there, you can begin to tweak if you like.

Post Thanks / Like

Download iPowell's settings and give them a run. They work pretty well, but I need native 24P, so they're not that useful to me. And if you know about the hack, then you know how unreliable 24P can be out in nature and high-detailed shots.

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...iability-Patch

curious80

^ +1

Its a good idea to start with iPowell's high reliability settings from above thread. You can also look at the following thread for more ideas:

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...sharing-thread

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys - followed your advice and now all upgraded.

I'm especially pleased that the process is reversible so I can't completely mess things up. Really like the fact that you can install different firmware settings on different memory cards