The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panny pancake 14/2.5 review

biglouis

I thought I read that Panasonic was going back over their lens lineup to add more primes. Now when we get good ones like the 45 macro people again scream about price.
There is nothing I have seen that compelled me to consider buying one. Besides, but for the Leica label, they would not even have considered such a price tag.
We have different taste in lenses (which is fine). I thought it rendered beautifully.
The 45/2.8 is only one of three lenses I own I'm would be loathe to part with (the other two are my summilux 35/1.4 asph and my elmar 50/2.8). It is a great lens - on my GF-1.

pellicle

Well, some of us are addressing the environment question in a very positive way by using discarded lenses (particularly the machine vision variety) and sticking to the old and still functional G1.
sure ... me too :)

FD300 mounted on my now scruff looking G1 did me well again last weekend

a short story on this bird here, but you can just see his brother behind and to the right

V

Vivek

The 45/2.8 is only one of three lenses I own I'm would be loathe to part with (the other two are my summilux 35/1.4 asph and my elmar 50/2.8). It is a great lens - on my GF-1.
There are a few things missing for me when it comes to the 45/2.8:

1. PanaOly ought to bring out a "micro" version of the Nikon R1C1 type flash (size should be like the peanut flash of the Sony NEX) weighing no more than 30gms each including a battery.

2. Manual control.

FWIW, I contacted Adrian Lolli to enquire if his tilt adapter could be further shrunk to allow more lenses (pen F, for example) to be used with the m4/3rds
(if that does not pan out, I will eventually make one myself).

If 8 deg tilt is enough for a full frame, why would one need 30 deg tilt (the current Lolli Tilt adapter) for the micro 4/3rds? 2 deg should be plenty.

Interestingly, my experiments with a Summicron (R) 50/2 on APS-C for movements (despite it being a high resolution lens and all) showed it to be a disaster. Off axis aberrations from that lens are amazingly worrisome.