The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Panasonic 100-300

RonSmith

Thanks Louis and Don,

Considering I shot these hand-held in crappy light, I'm really looking forward to trying it out under better conditions. The sun has to come eventually, right?

Here's another try at the same woodpecker, but processed a bit differently.

20110409 008a by Ronald S. Smith, on Flickr

DHart

Very nice, Ron... and gorgeous bird.

I'm edging toward picking up a 100-300. I don't think I would use it a lot, but it sure would be nice to have for those times when you do want the reach!

Any idea if the 100-300 is a sharper lens than the 45-200?

Matix

Yes, this lens is fun when you ace the shot, it is a lens that takes thought and skill, not a typical shoot and hit the target every time lens. The lens loves high speed shutter and good light, and it pays off when you observe the rules.

A few more local bird shots, Rose & Grey Galah's and Crested Pigeons, native birds. Shots taken in Bendigo, Victoria:

The Conga Line.. look at me, I am so pretty in pink...

GH2, f/10 @ 67 mm, 1/640

The Showoff.. his partner looks bored...

GH2, f/9 @ 140 mm, 1/1000

Mid range zoom, this lens is as sharp as a tack, and still has a lot more zoom to go.

GH2, f/6.3 @ 127 mm, 1/800

mark1000

Thought i'd try my new Raynox 150 on the 100-300 for a change.

This is a 20p coin, its about 20mm across, this image shows about 10mm of the coin with a slight bit of cropping too.

The EXIF is intact.

Mark.

biglouis

Thought i'd try my new Raynox 150 on the 100-300 for a change.

This is a 20p coin, its about 20mm across, this image shows about 10mm of the coin with a slight bit of cropping too.

The EXIF is intact.

Mark.
Mark, that is amazing!

LouisB

DHart

Ron... the Northern Flicker images are wonderful... And what a stunning bird. Gorgeous.

Very cool, Uwe... it's also nice to see some application of this lens to more varied subjects.