The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Panasonic 100-300

Annna T

Keith, we share same music style and now the same b&w style :) YES is like the "heavy" one most as well.

Come on Annna T, give us more !!!
Keith and KWeide : thanks for the encouraging words. It is always interesting to hear what others prefer.

kohan

Hi Louis

ETC only works on jpg. In the Q Menu, select jpg, then go to Menu Set and in the REC sub menu, go to page 4 and select ETC on, then go back to Q Menu, go to the aspect ratio selection and scroll down, there you will see some extra selections prefixed EX and at the bottom of the screen there is a description of the aspect ratio and the megapixel count.
What is a benefit of ETC comparing it to dropping a full size raw file? I understand ETC with video recording but still photo... :rolleyes:

Knorp

What is a benefit of ETC comparing it to dropping a full size raw file? I understand ETC with video recording but still photo... :rolleyes:
Better control of point of focus and a better view of your subject.
Especially for birding, ETC is a helpful feature.

Kind regards.

kohan

Better control of point of focus and a better view of your subject.
Especially for birding, ETC is a helpful feature.

Kind regards.
That is definitely true and will be enough for web size of photos. But prints will stay quite small.

biglouis

Bart, that Owl shot is amazing. Possibly one of the best exemplars of the lens thus far.

Thanks for sharing.

Annna T

Wow Knorp, I love that series, particularly the fourth picture of the women wearing pink teashirts : they have incredibly expressive faces.. Hope they won something, with such efforts they deserved it !!

Amsterdam 25th canal race (~24km).

f6cvalkyrie

That's a lovely series, Bart.
And I agree with Annna, #4 (de zeeuwse deernen) is absolutely superb !
But #2 is also very symbolic : the man is in control !!!

Congrats,
Rafael

Rich M

Bart......I agree with everyone else's comments about the fourth photo. Excellent!!

It would be an interesting exercise to convert it to B&W, strip out the distracting colors, and focus in on the exertion/agony on their faces.

Just a thought.......wonderful captures.

R

Knorp

Thank you all for your enthusiastic comments ... :salute:
They ended overall 112 and in the ladies competition 15.
And for Rich here's my b/w conversion ...