The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Panasonic 100-300

Dr. Brad

Here's a picture of an elk that I took on the way home from Edmonton to Jasper. Had to walk in a bit to see a group of Elk resting near the bank of a river. Not the best angle for lighting, but it was nice to see a group in a more natural setting, rather than seeing some by the side of a highway.

GH2, 100-300, ƒ/6.3 300.0 mm 1/1000 400 ISO

Elk near Jasper by BJ East, on Flickr

Elliot

Hawk and Squirrel

This red-shouldered hawk was sitting on our back fence for awhile

An active squirrel seemed to see the hawk

Surprisingly, the squirrel started to cross the fence and managed to get pretty close

Then the hawk looked his way

The shots were taken with a GX7 and the Panasonic 100-300 lens. The last shot was at 100mm, and that's as wide as I could get without retreating back into the house.

biglouis

The reason why I still haven't sold my GH-2 and 100-300, even though it is now the only Lumix lens I have left.