The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

RJ Camera's Oly Pen F to m4/3 adapter

stingOM

Hi Folks,

Yet another adapter question. I am using this Rj adapter on the G1 and I would like to know if your adapter allows you to focus to infinity at exactly the infinity marking? Mine does not as it reaches infinity well before that. I am using this adapter with a Zuiko 38mm f1.8 lens. :(

Is this normal with the Chinese adapters? I never had this problem before when I used to with E-510 or E-300 before moving to the G1.

Thanks.

turbines

There should not be anything strange about that RJ adapter. I have seen a number of lens & m4/3s adapter combination's where the distance sale on the lens barrel is no longer accurate. It should not matter who built the adapter.

photoSmart42

Is this normal with the Chinese adapters? I never had this problem before when I used to with E-510 or E-300 before moving to the G1.
Unfortunately, yes it's common to all of the cheaper adapters. It's because they can't or don't want to control their manufacturing tolerances to the levels they need to ensure accurate infinity focusing every time, so they go a bit beyond infinity. The more expensive adapters (novoflex, cameraquest) should allow you to use your lens markings more precisely.

V

Vivek

Unfortunately, yes it's common to all of the cheaper adapters. It's because they can't or don't want to control their manufacturing tolerances to the levels they need to ensure accurate infinity focusing every time, so they go a bit beyond infinity. The more expensive adapters (novoflex, cameraquest) should allow you to use your lens markings more precisely.
I disagree.

1. Novoflex and whatever brand that Camerquest sell may not even have a pen F adapter in their assortment.

2. Try various other lenses (other than the 38/1.8). You would be surprised. ;)