The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DP1/DP2 with M mount?!?!?!

jsparks

I can't image that Sigma, primarily a lens company, would make a camera with a lens mount for which they make no lenses.

I think someone just hacked off the lens on a DP1 or DP2 and stuck a M-mount adapter on it. Nothing to do with Sigma directly.

John

Rawfa

You lie! Don´t ruin the dream! Liar! Hehehe, seriously now, that looks like on heck of hack. If indeed it WAS someone who hacked it I hope this guy goes pro and starts selling these modified camers on ebay. It does sound strange though that Sigma would make a camera with a mount that isn´t Sigma.

agoglanian

Yeah based on that short writeup on the page it's someone's hobby project. One heck of an AWESOME hobby project. Think of the possibilities that opens up! That practically negates almost all of the bad things about the DP1

agoglanian

Well sure the lens was good but the AF was downright terrible. And higher ISO wasn't so great either. So utilizing a faster manual focus lens would remove the AF all together and allow for lower ISOs to be used.

Those were my big issues. Slower write times I can live with.. To an extent.