The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon F mount adapter recomendations please

MRfanny

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good nikon F mount to M4/3 adapter. I recently purchased a tamron lens with a nikon mount which i think is an F mount because the previous owner used it on his D70. I really don't know anything about mounts.

Prices vary from $20-$90AUD and they all look the same so any recommendations would be nice.

Thanks.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I use the one from Voigtländer. It's expensive, but perfect. After a lot of problems with an el-cheapo OM to m4/3 adapter (no infinity focus and variable focus across the frame), I'm going the safe route.

bensonga

+1 for the Voigtlander......if the one you ordered from eBay doesn't work out, you won't be disappointed with the Voigtlander adapter.

Gary

Tesselator

I use this one from Rainbow Imaging:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nikon-G-AF-S-Le...83944?pt=Lens_Accessories&hash=item4aa5e76008

It's the lowest priced one there is and it's also perfect! Imperfections can show is UWA lenses - especially those wider than 24mm. My UWA all render dead on and putting the adapter on my micrometer shows it to be incredibly accurate. I've sold it (with lens) and replaced it twice now. All three tested like this - perfect.

That's pretty awesome for also being the cheapest! :)

Happy me! :)

I think it's the same one you ended up with MRfanny - just from a different e-pay seller. :)

MRfanny

Voigtlander seems to be a sure bet. thanks gary

Good to hear tesselator. looks exactly the same so hopefully it performs the same also. Don't think ill be getting it any time soon with the xmas post and all, I'll be getting really itchy fingers if my lens arrives before the adapter =)

dick

Has anybody tried the Novoflex adapter?

It is expensive, but I would expect it to be good.

It has an aperture control ring.

Tesselator

Yes, this is one of the cases where the more expensive ones is much worse than the cheaper $25 ones. Not actually so uncommon. ;)