Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fun with the GH2

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Fun with the GH2

Quote Originally Posted by mathomas View Post

One question I have for those who are familiar with the format and the offerings: why aren't there more constant-aperture zoom lenses available for the format, say f/2.8? Seems the sensor size is small enough to allow a reasonably small zoom with such a design, at least given a reasonable zoom range (at least compared to my giant 17-55mm Canon EF-S). In my looking around, I seem to see pretty slow zooms. Is it a size thing, where the makers want to keep everything small?

Maybe I've missed something when looking around (?). Educate me.

Thanks...
    I believe those zooms will come, probably from Olympus. This is probably also one of the reasons why we haven't seen a pro m43 body from them yet; there are simply no lenses to match. There is a 12-50mm f/2.5-3.3 rumoured to be released from Panasonic this spring btw.

The best alternative at the moment seems to be the Zuiko 14-54mm f/2.8-3,5 II. It's compact, relatively light, has excellent build quality and seems to perform very well on m43 bodies. (I don't own the lens myself yet though, so take my recommendation for what it is.)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Jorgen. Useful info. I'll keep an eye out for the Panasonic lens.

And I just realized I may have gone OT here on the "fun with..." thread, which is for pictures. Please return to your regularly-scheduled programming .

Post Thanks / Like

Shot at 50mph (14-140 + GH2):

Uwe Steinmueller
    -------------------

Editor&Owner of Digital Outback Photo
    http://www.outbackphoto.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, See...

http://rosalindcaplisdanceadademy.co.uk/

My wife's website for which I took the pictures, the kids with certificates and the three balance were Lieca Dlux3, and the rest were GH2 with the 20mm f1.7 lens, with dance studio lighting. in the The "T on the box" I used the flash on the camera up-side down for fill, and the girl in the ballet dress was photographed by her father, I think.

They asked me to provide 2mb pictures, but they have downrezed them to 20Kb!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Does the GH2 still have some fans out there in GetDPI land? :-)
    Just received mine a week ago and finally had a chance to put one of my Leica R lenses on it today. Looking forward to trying out the video and comparing still images with my G1....which I always thought was pretty good.

Gary

GH2 and 50mm Summicron-R

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bensonga View Post
    Does the GH2 still have some fans out there in GetDPI land? :-)
    Just received mine a week ago and finally had a chance to put one of my Leica R lenses on it today. Looking forward to trying out the video and comparing still images with my G1....which I always thought was pretty good.

Gary

GH2 and 50mm Summicron-R
    looks very 3d and real!

I just thought that it is crazy how many models we see in m4/3 and now then there are mirror less from Sony, Pentax, Nikon also coming into the game.
    I am allways for innovation and progress but specially Panasonic and Olympus present too fast and too many cameras for my taste.
    They make you feeling to have something "outdated" very fast, even though the real changes are not that big. I admit I also did junp back and forth.
    GH2 seems one of the most complete packages in m4/3 world.
    Regards, Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Like you, Gary, I'm a late adopter of new technologies. Maybe, that's because I work in the technology sector

Still, I got my GH2 a few weeks ago, and I am enjoying it very much. Quite an upgrade, coming from the G1.
    I find myself using the kitlenses more often on the GH2, because AF is much faster. But I have used and will use my MF as well, of course !

Here's a few examples of what I did recently !

(Nikkor 50/1.4)

(45-200 AF)

(probably 14-45 AF)

(Nikkor 300/2.8 IF-ED + TC 300)

(Nikkor 300/2.8 IF-ED + TC 300)

C U,
    Rafael
    E-M1/GH2/G1 Full Spectrum & lots of lenses
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/f6cvalk...th/9226689839/

Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Stunning stuff, Raf. Looks like I'll have to put a GH2 on my list (stuck at G1 right now)

Keith