The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Intriguing Lens/Camera Rumor

Diane B

PMA? Used to be a lot of new cameras, lenses and other gear were announced at this show but not much in recent years. I'm in no hurry to upgrade so this sounds interesting. The lens certainly is for me. I really like the FDs and Nikkor I have in this approximate FL range and would love faster. I am inclined to believe both Olympus and Panasonic may be about ready with some new interesting bodies so I'll be watching.

Terry

Except PMA got moved to September next year....so I guess right after xmas we will start hearing what his coming for CES....perhaps there is an international show a month or two later where this will launch.

Diane B

Except PMA got moved to September next year....so I guess right after xmas we will start hearing what his coming for CES....perhaps there is an international show a month or two later where this will launch.
Well, that's how much I keep up with it anymore LOL. Seems as though many mfg aren't counting on introductions at shows so much (except Photokina). I hope its an interesting year though as I'm likely ready to do something during the year.

Bill Gordon

Well, that's how much I keep up with it anymore LOL. Seems as though many mfg aren't counting on introductions at shows so much (except Photokina). I hope its an interesting year though as I'm likely ready to do something during the year.
Hi folks, I am a dedicated Olympus mu4/3rds user however having said that I think that Panasonic have stolen the show from Oly.....perhaps if they had included the IS in the body rather than the lenses they would have really taken over. The race is on...if we have the patience we will see who the winner is!!

Godfrey

Now this could be interesting....perhaps the dream camera I've been waiting for? :D

http://www.43rumors.com/ft5-panason...-it-will-be-the-kit-lens-of-a-new-mft-camera/

Love to get a sneak peek at the "kit" body this lens will come with :p
Nice ... a Summilux-D 25/1.4 ASPH for Micro-FourThirds should be significantly smaller and lighter. I love that lens on FourThirds SLR. :)

I hope to see a pro-grade (build quality ... the GH2 is already pretty close to pro in terms of features and intent) Micro-FourThirds body from either Panasonic or Olympus sometime soon. If the 'kit' body this lens comes with is the Panasonic offering, so much the better. Can't wait see what Olympus comes up with too. This is exciting stuff.

Pat Donnelly

To Bill Gordon

+1! The size saving of "in body IS" is massive and if you are hauling a few lenses around, then it adds up!

Pana do seem to be more adventurous and accessible, at least to hackers! I am happy with my ep-1 until the must-have comes along. I would like to think it will be Olympus, but .... !

photoSmart42

Also looking for a pro body with a better sensor for stills. Could care less for video, so I'm guessing whatever Panasonic has to offer won't be what I'm looking for. I'd love to see something like a weather-sealed magnesium K-5 body with Panasonic/Olympus internals and a m4/3 mount. Will it happen any time soon? Doubt it.